Sunday, January 23, 2011

Be IN the world, not OF it

I’ve been putting a lot of thought into this lately… I always hear from many sources to “Be in the world, just not of it.” I’ve never had trouble understanding this but I have come to see why many people I know have this difficulty. I‘ve considered deleting my Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter before and just blog but then I come to the realization that there is nothing wrong with have a Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Blogspot, XANGA (if you still use this, we need to talk) or even Myspace…

“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.“-Romans 12:2 (ESV)

It is a good way to keep in touch with people! In no way does it measure up to actually talking in person, but we all live busy lives. Texting and talking on the phone to me are very similar as using the internet for keeping in touch…

So… Be in the world (use these social networks that God has given us!), not of it. If you find addiction coming, well, thats another problem. But don’t not use social networks because its impersonal. This is 2011! We’re changing and adapting! Take a step forward and not two steps back. Let me know how keeping in contact with everyone works for you! You’ll soon find out that it doesn’t change anything; you are just cutting yourself off from the world.

Thanks for reading my blabs!

-Brittany

No comments: